Child Development Worker
The Child Development Worker will:
- Perform duties in accordance with the philosophy, mission statement and core values of Maple Leaf Daycare, Preschool & Education Centre.
- Demonstrate professionalism by adhering to provincial regulations and Maple Leaf Daycare, Preschool & Education Centre policies and procedures.
- Provide high quality early learning and child care in a group setting that responds to the diverse needs and promotes the optimum physical, social, emotional, intellectual, and creative development of the children in our care.
- Work as a member of an early learning and child care team to develop and implement programs that meet the developmental needs of the children within the Maple Leaf Daycare, Preschool & Education Centre setting as determined by the age of the group and stages of development.
- Work as a member of an early learning and child care team, applying sound child care knowledge and practice ensuring the needs of all the children are met and that the child care team is functioning effectively.
- Supervise all aspects of the early learning and child care program for which they are responsible and as assigned by the Director or Program Supervisor.
- Facilitate daily experiences that support and promote each child’s physical, social, emotional, intellectual, cognitive and creative development.
- Develop and implement programs that provide a safe environment where children can spend purposeful and enjoyable time with other children.
- Develop a trusting relationship with each child; teach respect of self, feeling of security, self-awareness and feelings of belonging.
- Share professional experiences, coach, guide others with a positive attitude, provide resources, role model best practices and foster a positive regard for the profession.
- Perform other duties, as assigned.
- Certified by Alberta Human Services; Child Development Branch, Child Care Staff Qualifications, as a Child Development Worker.
- Current Child Care First Aid Certification; acceptable to the director
- Satisfactory recent Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Record Check;
- At least 1-2 years experience at a daycare centre.
Maple Leaf Daycare, Preschool & Education centre offers endless possibilities for growth and advancement, please apply: