The Director will:
- Act as Program Supervisor, as defined by the Alberta Child Care Licensing Regulation.
- Manage and coordinate all Maple Leaf Daycare, Preschool & Education Centre operations as assigned by the License Holder.
- Plan, organize, control and evaluate the overall operations of Maple Leaf Daycare, Preschool & Education Centre to ensure compliance with licensing requirements and regulatory standards as set out by the Province of Alberta and/or the City of Calgary.
- Apply sound human resource practices and procedures; creating a climate of care, trust and respect by demonstrating caring behaviours, taking steps to build partnerships, providing support and guidance and encouraging open communication between all stakeholders.
- Build the capacity of Maple Leaf Daycare, Preschool & Education Centre services to provide high quality inclusive children’s programs that consider the developmental needs of the whole child.
- Keep up with emerging trends in the field and reconcile these with the approach and content of the programs provided by Maple Leaf Daycare, Preschool & Education Centre.
- Be accountable to the Maple Leaf Daycare, Preschool & Education Centre License Holder, staff, children, parents, regulatory bodies and community. It is their responsibility to demonstrate accountabilities within the staff team and in everyday practice.
- Anticipate and plan to prevent or minimize potential risks to the Maple Leaf Daycare, Preschool & Education Centre; communicate potential risks to the License Holder, staff, children and parents, take the appropriate security measures to ensure compliance with health and safety standards and regulatory requirements.
- Manage the accreditation process; prepare and submit required documentation in a timely manner, engage in communication with AELCS, establish an accreditation team, chair meetings, keep License Holder and staff aware of the accreditation process and requirements, communicate with parents.
- Performs other duties, as assigned.
- Early Childhood diploma or degree from a recognized college or university or provincially recognized equivalent educational qualifications.
- Certified by Alberta Human Services; Child Development Branch, Child Care Staff Qualifications, as Child Development Supervisor.
- Current Child Care First Aid Certification.
- Satisfactory recent Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Record Check.
- At least 5 years experience of managing the daycare centre.
Maple Leaf Daycare, Preschool & Education centre offers endless possibilities for growth and advancement, please apply: