The Program Supervisor will:
- In the absence of the Director; act on his/her behalf
- Assist in Managing and coordinating all Maple Leaf Daycare, Preschool & Education Centre operations as assigned by the Director.
- Assist in planning, organizing, controlling and evaluating the overall operations of Maple Leaf Daycare, Preschool & Education Centre to ensure compliance with licensing requirements and regulatory standards as set out by the Province of Alberta and/or City of Calgary.
- Apply sound human resource practices and procedures; supporting a climate of care, trust and respect by demonstrating caring behaviours, taking steps to build partnerships, providing support and guidance and encouraging open communication between all stakeholders.
- In conjunction with the Director, build the capacity of Maple Leaf Daycare, Preschool & Education Centre services to provide high quality inclusive children’s programs that consider the developmental needs of the whole child.
- Keep up with emerging trends in the field and reconcile these with the approach and content of the programs provided by Maple Leaf Daycare, Preschool & Education Centre.
- Be accountable to the Maple Leaf Day Care and Education Centre License Holder, Director, staff, children, parents, regulatory bodies and community. It is their responsibility to demonstrate accountabilities within the staff team and in everyday practice.
- In conjunction with the Director, anticipate and plan to prevent or minimize potential risks to the Maple Leaf Daycare, Preschool & Education Centre; communicate potential risks to the License Holder, Director, staff, children and parents, take the appropriate security measures to ensure compliance with health and safety standards and regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with the Director to manage the accreditation process; assist in the preparation and submission of the required documentation in a timely manner, engaging in communication with AECLS, establishing accreditation team, and keeping the staff aware of accreditation process and requirements, and communicating with parents.
- Early Childhood diploma or degree from a recognized college or university or provincially recognized equivalent educational qualifications.
- Certified by Alberta Human Services; Child Development Branch, Child Care Staff Qualifications, as Child Development Supervisor.
- Current Child Care First Aid Certification; acceptable to the director
- Satisfactory recent Criminal Record Check including Vulnerable Sector Record Check.
- At least 3-5 years experience at a daycare centre.
Maple Leaf Daycare, Preschool & Education centre offers endless possibilities for growth and advancement, please apply: